Markie and Christy founded Providence Baptist Homes in Navojoa, Sonora, Mexico in 2005, and have seen the Lord bless their ministry in a mighty way.
The orphanage is part of the overall ministry of Christy’s parents, Nelson and Cathy Dorr, at Providence Baptist Ministries. They started with 4 children and currently have 18 children and several workers. In their latest newsletter, Markie reports that their house has become more of a home, as all the kids and workers seem to be content and happy with no major issues.
Markie also reports that they have a strong emphasis on things of the Lord, and that every Friday, the whole orphanage goes soul-wining, and that almost every week they lead someone to the Lord. The children are also learning to pray and are seeing that God answers prayer.
Prayer and Praise Items:
Please continue to pray for the health, safety and spiritual growth of everyone connected with the orphanage, especially the children.
Praise for Jorge, who was recently saved, as well as a 72 year old man who was saved.
Pray for the completion of a second building to house the children. Markie says that the building they are currently in is full and that some of the kids are sleeping on mattresses on the floor since there is no room for more beds. He also says that he has lost count of the number of kids they have had to turn away.
Praise for the fact that the orphanage has been given a 22 passenger bus.
Pray that the Lord would provide the needed funds ($2,000) to get it legalized and then get it to Markie and Christy.
Continue to pray for Providence Baptist Homes’ outreach ministries as they seek to further the Gospel. Markie and Christy are thankful for our support and want us to know that we are a great blessing to them. Pray for the Bullocks!
This is where the Bergs labor to sow the seeds of the Gospel.
Prayer and Praise Items: Pray for the Bergs’ future ministry partners, Rey and Nichole Martinez. Rey and Nicky are on the road again and have reached about 70% of their needed support.
Pray for the Todd family, missionaries on the Crow Creek Reservation. They are taking a furlough. Praise for the fact that the Bergs’ son, Adam, who was recently baptized.
Pray for the family of a young man named Steve, who recently passed away as a result of cirrhosis of the Liver (as a result of alcohol).
Pray for Damien’s mother, Dusty, who has been diagnosed with cancer.
Pray for Rose, a church member who just found out she needs surgery.
Pray for Bro. Berg’s jail ministry in the areas of the services themselves, salvation for the lost, and for spiritual growth of those who have been saved. And finally, please continue to pray for the Berg’s health and safety.
They are very thankful for the support they receive from OBC.
Prayer and Praise Items:
- Please pray that God would work in the hearts of the Chinese believers (especially men), to reach their own people with the Gospel.
- Pray for the safety and fruitfulness of Tyler & Sara co-laborers, Nick and family. Pray especially for the health of Nick’s youngest son, Westen.
- Pray for a smooth transition as they assimilate into the Chinese culture, and pray that Bro. Tyler will be able to get into school there with no major difficulties.
- Pray that they will be able to find a suitable apartment to live in.
- Praise for the needed support that the Lord has provided Tyler & Sara with while on deputation.
- Pray for souls to be saved and for believers to be strengthened as a result of their ministry.
Tyler & Sara are thankful for the part OBC plays in their ministry.
Additional Prayer Items:
- Pray for wisdom in beginning a Bible Institute in the spring of 2012
- Please continue to pray for many of the English language students who have not trusted in Christ. This includes Lek, Rut, Cherry, Mint, Nok and others.
- Please pray for the church’s Christmas outreach ministry.
- Pray for the LaCombes concerning greater proficiency in language skills so that they may be more useful on the field.
- Pray for the family’s health.
- Pray for the discipleship of the newly saved.
- Pray for Thailand as the people recover from the recent flooding and pray for the many churches affected by the flooding as well.
And finally, pray for the LaCombes and Leemons to see souls saved as a result of their ministry to the Thai people. The LaCombes and Leemons are truly thankful for our involvement in their ministry.